7:30 AM – 8:30 AM
Breakfast & Registration
7:30 AM – 8:30 AM
Breakfast & Registration
7:30 AM – 8:30 AM – Track B
Breakfast For Builders Roundtable
This closed-door session will bring together Chicago’s most forward-thinking developers and builders to discuss industry pain points and hopefully share best practices and solutions to those challenges.
“These curated sessions are comprised of select leaders. Real estate, public sector and business leaders join to share real challenges and solutions in a closed-door, off-the-record environment. Chaired by an industry veteran, each session will be tasked with addressing a short list of specific challenges. This session is limited to a maximum of 30 participants.”
Please contact Maria Bauser firstname.lastname@example.org. for further information.
8:30 AM – 8:40 AM
8:40 AM – 9:15 AM
Multifamily State of Market: National vs. Chicago & Midwest Markets
9:15 AM – 9:50 AM
Morning Keynote – Fireside Chat
9:50 AM – 10:10 AM
Morning Break 1
10:10 AM – 10:20 AM
10:20 AM – 11:00 AM
Sweet Home Chicago: The State of the Market From A Developer’s Perspective
As the Chicago multifamily market enters a time of uncertainty, developers are taking stock and looking for how they can still stay ahead. With new development ordinances in place and potential glut of new units coming to market, is it time to start panicking or is there still room to grow. Hear from leading Chicago players about the state of the market and what they see emerging in the near future. Benefit from these leading experts as they shed light on current issues including:
• Supply- over Construction- What are developers doing to keep rent growth going?
• The Comeback Kid- Is it the right time to build condos?
• The Secret to Success: Best practices in successfully developmenting non Class A Apartments
• Where are developers looking for the next great location?
• Go big or go home- What big projects are coming to market?
11:00 AM – 11:10 AM
Marketing: The Secret to Improved Asset Value
11:10 AM – 11:40 AM
Driving Business: An Economic Outlook From the Commercial Sector
At the heart of every real estate boom there is a thriving economy that is feeding its growth. Chicago is no exception to this rule. With record job growth, a booming film industry, and a large influx of corporate development, Chicago has become one of the hottest economies in the country. The commercial real estate sector has taking notice and is building some most exciting projects the area has seen in years. What do office, hotel, and retail developers see in the coming months. How has the recent economic climate affected their decision making? What should the residential sector learn from their success and what’s in store for the region in the years to come?
• Jobs, Jobs, Jobs: What’s driving Job growth and what’s being done to keep it going?
• In the Pipeline- How upcoming mega projects are just the tip of the iceberg
• Too Much of a Good Thing: How are cities planning to address infrastructure challenges that recent growth has brought into light?
• Lessons to be learned: What techniques can the multifamily community learn from the commercial sector?
11:40 AM – 12:05 PM
Morning Break 2
12:05 PM – 12:35 PM
Two Sides to Every Coin: Which Capital Sources are Doing Deals and Which Ones are Not
As activity and transactions in other markets begin to slow, investors are flocking to markets throughout the region to find their next opportunity. With so much activity, people are beginning to ask questions about the state of the market such as: What asset classes are capital sources looking at, and at what terms? Both equity and debt sources will come together to help provide an answer to those questions as well as the following.
• Great Expectations: What are the yields looking like?
• Timing is Everything: Where are we in the cycle?
• Know When to Hold’em: How are debt lenders view the market?
• Beyond the Lake Shore: Where is capital flow coming from?
12:05 PM – 12:35 PM – Track B
Apartments 3.0: Tenant Drivers, Technology, and the Evolution of Property Management
Throughout Chicago competition for tenants has reached a fever pitch. As owners look beyond the status quo to attract residents, new techniques and services used in other asset classes have entered into the apartment world. While tenants reap the benefits new amenities and experiences, landlords are keeping a close eye on rental prices and a glut of new and more exciting properties entering the market. What are some strategies that the top multifamily operators are incorporating to mitigate the rapidly changing demands of the industry?
• Worlds Colliding: What techniques can owners learn from other asset classes?
• The Connected Home: How technologies and innovations are making buildings smarter?
• On Demand: What are owners providing tenants to fulfill their “On-Demand” lifestyle?
• One Size Doesn’t Fit All: How operators need to plan to attract both Millennials and Empty Nesters to the same property?
• Overcoming Retain Strain: What is the most important amenity that helps retain tenants?
12:35 PM – 12:40 PM
12:40 PM – 1:10 PM
Out of the Loop: Emerging Neighborhoods and Surburban Development
Whether it’s the Motorway, The South Loop, The Milwaukee Corridor or Evanston, Multifamily investors and developers are increasingly aware of the need to explore opportunities in new submarkets, both geographic and demographic. The key, however, is identifying which markets are just beginning to emerge and therefore represent the greatest upside potential. Hear from those in the trenches about the target markets where they see the greatest opportunities.
• Where is the next “big thing”?
• What will the new TOD rules do to help grow new neighborhoods?
• What makes a neighborhood truly up and coming?
• Who are the players and capital sources for these deals?
• How should occupancy rates affect your “DMP”?
12:40 PM – 1:10 PM – Track B
Alpha or Beta: Investments Opportunities Around the Midwest
12:40 PM – 1:20 PM
Workshop – Navigating Uncharted Waters: Understanding the Impact of Tax Reform on Real Estate
1:10 PM – 2:00 PM
1:25 PM – 2:00 PM
Lunch Workshop – New Trump Administration Updates: Federal, State and Local Energy & Specialty Tax Incentives
2:00 PM – 2:30 PM
2:30 PM – 2:35 PM
2:35 PM – 3:35 PM